sábado, 6 de julho de 2024

Looking through the window

On a dark cold night                                                    

Far, far away from home

Stars were shining quietly

And I was watching their light.

Quietly waiting for a sound

A noise or footsteps,

A flash followed by a sleigh,

The sound of bells ringing

His presence announcing …

 

 

Oh! I had so much to tell!

I had so much to ask him

I could even see his face

His eyes, his smile, his beard

His voice asking me nicely

What I had asked for Christmas

And I’d say that I wanted

To go with him forever

I’d work hard to help him

I’d do anything I could.

 

I’d say that I wanted to live

Among good people

In a place all laughs and joy

Where I could be happy

Where I wasn’t afraid

Of jumping out of bed

A place where I could find

Tenderness and real love

A home where love was strong

And I could feel really safe.

 

I have waited for so long

Searching the sky for a sign

A sound that could reveal

The man of that kind

In my heart I could feel

My dream would come true.

The disappointment was so big

I was so tired of waiting,

And disappointed with him

I cried and fell asleep.


Fátima Nascimento 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário